Starting the unit
First connect the power cord to the IEC socket (if provided) at the back/top panel of the device and to a 230V power outlet.
Additional setup has to be done for the Projection Box model.
- Connect the wireless router’s power supply to the router and to a 230V power outlet.
- Insert the loose end of the Ethernet cable to the socket found on the box.
- Raise the router’s antennas.
Startup can be done in multiple ways and depends on the hardware version you own.
- Use the power-on key to turn on the unit’s computer. Insert the key in the lock and gently turn it clockwise. After reaching the stop point, turn the key back to the normal position and take it out. (available in selected models)
- Use the remote control to turn the unit on. (all models except Home)
- Use the dedicated power-on button. (Home model)
- On the Projection Box model you will find two buttons (left – power, right – reset). They are meant as secondary input sources, as you will most likely use the main remote.
- Use WOL (Ethernet socket can be found at the back panel) packet to start the computer. (optional in Standard, Large & Projection Box models)
A lit-up button on the device indicates that it received the wake signal.
After system boot, application and projector will start automatically. You will hear a single ‘beep’ sound of the projector/computer starting up. This can take up to 60 seconds. A delay is needed to ensure stable run of the application.
Important: the projector in Home model does not support automatic turn-on, so it needs to be started manually.
Every sandbox, unless it is equipped with a touchscreen, will have at least one control button. It is used to control water settings.
Models with one button (Home, Standard):
- Press the button once to reset water. After this the software waits 10 seconds before waterflow is again activated.
- Press and hold the button for 6 seconds to switch waterflow off. A crossed droplet icon will appear to indicate correct operation.
- To switch it back on, simply press and hold the button again for 6 seconds. Proper use will be indicated by a green droplet icon.
Models with two buttons (Woodwork, Large, Large Standalone, Projection Box)
- Press the first button (usually blue) on the box once to reset water. After this the software waits 10 seconds before waterflow is again activated. In AR-Ball game: blue – start/next level.
- Press the second button (usually white or green) on the box to switch waterflow ON/OFF. An adequate droplet icon will appear to indicate operation. In AR-Ball game: green – replay.
Every sandbox without a touchscreen comes with 10 pre-programmed presets. By default they are just different colour variations of the Interactive Map. If purchased, additional modules can be uploaded into the presets.
- Presets are changed using the included numeric keypad. Keys 0-9 represent the 10 programmed schemes.
- Don’t change them immediately – wait at least 10 seconds before switching from one to another. This will ensure the simulation stabilises and runs smoothly.
- After each launch of the unit the application will automatically run the last used preset.
- If purchased, the additional modules will be assigned to the last presets (keys 7-9).
- If the FBX exporter module is purchased: Press “+” to export .fbx model. Remember to plug in USB pendrive into the USB socket.
You can read more about presets and how to use them here.
Touchscreen module is a software extension that allows for direct control over the application via easy-to-use interface. The set of accessible parameters covers all aspects of the Interactive Map simulation.
A comprehensive description of all the touchscreen options is available here.
Shutdown is done by analogy to startup. You can either:
- Insert the key in the lock and gently turn it clockwise. After reaching the stop point, turn the key back to the normal position and take it out.
- Use remote control to turn off the unit.
- Use dedicated button.
- Use ethernet WOL method.
Every method can be used interchangeably. You can start the unit by WOL and then shut it down by key, etc.
In every model the application will close automatically. In all models except for Home, the projector will also be turned off immediately. You will hear a double ‘beep’ sound of the projector shutting down.
Important: the projector in Home model does not support automatic shutdown. Instead it waits 3 mins before shutting down by itself. However, you can use the remote control to turn it off earlier.
Never unplug the power cable immediately after powering the device off! The projector needs some time to cool down, even after auto shutdown. Only after the double ‘beep’ sound the cool-down is complete and it is safe to unplug the unit.
Never change projector optical settings like: focus, zoom, keystone correction etc. it will damage product calibration.